Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Midnight CRIED to go out!


It's official. I have the weirdest cats ever. Midnight wanted to go out, he was staring out of the storm door earlier and cried. So, Daughter asked if we could put him on the leash and let him go out. I agreed and he had a blast. He circled the house a couple of times and Daughter said if he weighed as much as a dog he would have dragged her! When she brought him back in and took the leash off he sat and stared at it and cried some more. He wanted to take another walk! Weirdest cats EVER! *G*
MIL came over today, alone. MIL and FIL were supposed to come over, but FIL wasn't feeling well. He has the crud that has been going around and his cough medicine is STRONG. *g* But, we had a pleasant visit. MIL even got down and played with Son and his Legos. She even thought it was funny when he showed her how he can spell f-a-r-t. I am so proud. *G* I then let her see that he can spell other words besides that one. *g*
I can barely contain myself. As soon as Chris arrives home I will have Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz in my hands. I have been waiting to read this book for almost 6 months. I will also have Going to the Chapel by Janet Tronstad, a new-to-me author. Do y'all seek out new authors, or do you tend to stick with your regular author/reads? I tend to do both.
I can say that MIL's visit wasn't really planned and that it threw my schedule off a bit. But, thats okay. I have still managed to get to everything that needed to be done. I haven't heard from the Doctor yet and on one hand I can be patient about this because I realize she is busy. But, I also would really like to know what the heck is going on and soon. Chris was busy today, really busy and couldn't call. He did say he would call tomorrow. Now, I realize y'all are wondering why I just don't call. I can't. I have this weird thing about the phone and calling someone. I'm okay when I'm called. Unless you're a tele-marketer, then I let the answering machine pick up. *g* I know my phobia is weird. Isn't there something that you just can't do? Even if you have the physical ability?
Okay, enough about me. Did y'all have a nice day today? I hope so. I wish a delightful and energetic (and the energy to deal with it!) friday for y'all. Blessings to y'all. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: A bit over 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I jogged about half of the time and am playing around with the speeds. *g*

12 comments:

I love the cat pix! Too adorable! And it's fun that Midnight so wanted to go outside. Who can ever figure out what a cat is thinking, really? :)

 

It doesn't matter how "busy" the doctor thinks she is. She is still responsible for making sure you get your test results in a timely fashion.

Sounds to me like it's time to look for a new doctor.

 

Sarita Leone, glad you like the kitty picture. I love sharing my fur-babies. Midnight is the biggest GOOBER kitty I have. He's so incredibley sweet and loves to be carried like a baby. It was Daughters idea to take him out and he loved it! BUT, all my cats are indoor kitties, so this is a treat, not an everyday occurence.

Thanks for commenting and I hope you have a lovely friday!

 

Devon, Chris called againt this morning and her nurse called back just now. My T-4 levels are midlevel normal? But, since I am still tired she's going to up my thyroid meds to 88mcgs. Now, if I only knew what that meant! I get that since I'm tired the meds are being increased and that the Doc listened to me about still being tired and that's why. I just don't know what the test results mean. Oh, and I go back in 6 weeks for blood tests again. Oooh, fun! *g*
Anyway, I hope your migraine has gone, I know it's hard to do normal everyday functions when you have one, let alone all that you do. Sending thoughts of good health and energy to you!

 

Brandy - glad Chris got in touch with them. I hope the increase in meds helps your tiredness. And I know it's a pain, but a 6 week check sounds good until you get to the point where you're doing better.

So cute about Midnight on his walks. I saw a cat walking on a leash in downtown Portland. I tried it with mine, but they hated it.

Have a great day.

 

"Normal" test results usually fall into a range of numbers. Sounds like yours is with in the normal range, but obviously not normal for YOU.

I'm always looking for new authors.

And I don't think your phone phobia is weird at all. I HATE calling people (except friends)!!! These days I get very annoyed if I can't email whoever. *g*

 

Melissa, the only pain a six week check for me is the needle they'll stick in my arm. I don't mind going, except for the drawing blood part! *G*
Not every cat we have will walk on a leash and one of the funniest things I have EVER seen was when Chris and I were first married and moving across the country (before kids) and we had 2 cats. We had to let them out to walk and potty at rest stops and had harnesses on them. They weren't used to the harnesses and would WALK BACKWARDS every time they were placed on them. *G* IT WAS HILARIOUS!
That must be one heck of a cat to walk down-town with traffic and other people around and not freak out.

I hope your kidlets are feeling better today! AND I hope that you are able to get whatever needs to be done-done!

 

Tori, the test results were with me ON the thyroid, so does that mean I am normal as long as I'm on the thyroid meds? I have no clue and the nurse rushed me off the phone before I could think of anything to ask! Gah!
As for the phone, I have a hard time calling FAMILY (except Chris!)! It's weird, I have no idea where this little phobia came from. Luckily Chris is pretty sweet about making any phone calls. And I LOVE EMAIL! It's truly perfect for me! I prefer e-mail over everything. Don't worry, we'll stick together! *G*

I hope you are having a nice day and are enjoying the afternoon!

 

So did Midnight meet any friends on his walk? Too cute.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with MIL and she even played with son.

I always look for new authors. The feature that Amazon has where it gives you similar books to the ones that you read is perfect for finding new authors.

I'm glad you now know that the doctor had to say. I still don't know why the doctor didn't just call you. Anyway, good luck with the medication. I have to remember that I have to go back to the doctor by end of February.

Have a good weekend.

 

Interesting list of spelling words you give your kids! LOL...

I used to walk my cat, too (not the one I have now... come to think of it, it was my black cat. Hmmm...).

Have a great weekend!

 

Dru, he did get to see Daughters friends across the street! *G* Luckily the neighbor behind us has her dog fenced.
I find new authors that way as well. I also look at author links on different websites that I like to visit and what other bloggers read as well. In other words, if it's a book, I'm going to look and see if I want to read it! *G*
I have no idea why the Doc still hadn't looked at the results either. As a matter of fact, for all I know she still hasn't seen them. After all, I only talked to her nurse.
Don't forget to make an appointment to see your Doc! He's going to be as proud of you as we are on bringing down your blood pressure.

I am reading Sizzle and Burn RIGHT NOW and you are going to enjoy it. I won't say anything other than that, though. *g*

Have a wonderful evening!

 

Marianne, HA! Last week he had words like Qoute, Quick, Quiet, Quite, etc. He just LIKES these type of words better. He's a boy. *shrugs*
Was your black cat a huge goober, too? Very sweet, but not high on the intelligence factor? *G* Because that's how Midnight behaves. *g*

I hope you accomplish everything you want to this weekend! Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?