Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Midnight looks at the camera with disdain!


Not really, more tired than anything. Most of the pictures I've posted lately were taken by Daughter in her room. I've told y'all that the cats like her bed the during the day and early evening because she forgets to make her bed and there are lots of covers for the cats to slumber on. At most times there are at least 2 cats on her bed. I wonder if they'll stop sleeping there if she ever remembers to make her bed everyday?
Today has felt like a whirlwind, but hasn't really been. *g* Sounds weird, right? I had to get the kids schoolwork done, remind them about 5 times each that they needed their shoes before we left to take them to RE class and then the stress of the drive there gave me a headache. I was cut of 2x and almost hit by another because the Interstate traffic was so busy. *sigh* It wouldn't be so bad if the kids classes weren't at 6:30pm. To get there on time we have to time it exactly right not to hit rush hour traffic. Only today, I accidentally left my cell-phone at home. Luckily I'd only made it maybe half a mile before I remembered. After we finally arrived the kids had a few minutes to play on the playground, well Son anyway, Daughter found a friend of hers and I gave her permission to desert us. *g* Then classes started and I went back to the van to read, there was no way I was going to attempt to drive to BAMM after my earlier experiences, so I sat for the next hour and listened to the radio and read. Ahhh! It was NICE! Peaceful actually, even having to keep an eye on the clock didn't bother me. When the kids class was over we headed to McD's for a late dinner (by the time I took them home and cooked it would have been LATE, so McD's it was). Once in a while won't hurt them.
I had the opportunity to read an ebook this evening and once started-could not stop. The story was rich with detail and the characters so likable I hated for their story to end. Oh, and it was one of the few historicals I have enjoyed in the past year. (You know what I mean!) I'll be posting a review of it on my Wordpress blog soon.
I also have Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich sitting at my feet. Chris was a sweetie and picked it up from the library for me (It came in on Hold) today before work. I had to go through the rest of my day knowing I couldn't read it until he came home this evening! Talk about torture. *g*
Aside from more laundry (The bane of my existence! *G*), I haven't done much else this evening. I took today off from exercising because when I awoke today I felt exhausted and the feeling took forever to leave. And yes, I am taking the thyroid medicine. I never noticed before how badly I had been feeling and how "ditzy" I felt. Nor did I know that it was unusual to lose as much hair a day as I was losing. Who knew? *g* Now I feel like "me" and also feel more clear-headed. Also, I am not wondering about the amount of hair loss and if it was alot or did everyone lose THAT much hair everyday! *G*Tomorrow it's back to the exercise and I am happy about that.
And that's my boring day. *g* I hope y'all had a more pleasant and easygoing day. I wish a delightful and somewhat funny day for y'alls thursday. Goodnight, B.

8 comments:

I'm glad you survived the crazy drivers!

 

Hugs on the drive. We have the same dinner situation on Tuesday nights with Irish dance. The oldest gets out of class at 6:30 and it's a 30 minute drive home so I just swing by either Taco Bell or McD (usually rotate) and the kids eat dinner on the drive home. Otherwise, i'd never get them to bed at a decent hour.

Hope you feel better! Glad to hear the med is working!

 

Toni, there must have been some kind of crazy driver convention last night!I was SO happy to get home and relax from that darn drive. And it's funny, we only live about 20 miles from the Church, but it's mostly ALL interstate and highway traffic.

I hope you are having a nice day!

 

Melissa, I know our wednesdays when the kids have classes are just too busy to cook. I wish my kids liked taco bell! Son won't eat anything with meat, but they do have just plain cheese nachos don't they? Hmmmmmm, thanks for the idea! *g*
I have a question for you, about YOUR opinion on something Son's RE teacher did last night, I just need to remember to ask you! *G*

I hope you are having a productive and happy day!

 

That pic is another speaking one.

"Oh my head! I shouldn't have had that last sniff of catnip."

LOL!


Getting stuck in traffic is the pits. Thank goodness you didn't have to deal with that tragedy in Florida with the fog and smoke. I can't even imagine what that must have been like for those people!
I'll take clogged traffic over that anyday.

I had to witness a lock change at a residence today for work. The wind was COLD! I wasn't supposed to so I had my fancy shoes on. My tootsies were popsicles by the time the hour was up. It took that long to drill out and replace the locks and deadbolt.
**shudder**

Guess What Brandy!!
My Story is published! my Short story. I am So Excited!!!

http://www.longandshortreviews.com/story.htm

I'm Thrilled! my mind is seeing the light of day! LOLOL

Well, time for an MD appt. gotta run By!

 

Michele, I like your title for the picture better than mine! *g* He does look like he has some type of hangover doesn't he? *g*
Sorry your feet froze! I bet you will keep a pair of warm shoes in your car now!
I read your short, I remember that one! I liked it then and I still do! You have talent!

Have fun at the Doc's!

 

I'm glad you survived the driving. I know that's the reason I don't drive, it's not me, but the other drivers on the road.

I hope today was a good day.

 

Dru, I survived, but came home stressed out! If I didn't have to drive I wouldn't, but I do. It really is the other drivers on the road, I try very hard to be vigilent and calling it defensive driving is the TRUTH! *g*

Today was a nice day, I hope your day went well and that you are having a good evening!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?