Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Patches is shy!


All that snow yesterday and the kids excitement must have made Patches tired! *G* Either that, or she is shy about having her picture taken. *g* What she isn't shy about, it taking over my ottoman and computer sleeve! Stinker!
Since I'm typing this late thursday-early friday, guess what? It's OUR (Chris and I) Anniversary! 15 years of married life. And we had our first date 17 years ago on the same date *g* I'm old enough to have spent over half my life with him. I wouldn't change a thing. We have a good life together, and with the kids. He's a good husband and father and I am proud of all he has accomplished. We have endured stress and kids (aren't those the same thing?), death, family, health scares and each other. And I know that 15 years doesn't sound like many years, but it seems like a rare feat in this day and age.
SO, if my sweetie is reading this today: "Chris, I love you more today than yesterday and will love you more tomorrow. You are my other half and God sent us each other. I adore you, even when you snore. I can't wait until we celebrate 50 years together. AND you have to keep your promise to chase me around the nursing home with your walker. *g* I love you Chris. "
Okay, enough with the mushy stuff. *g* As predicted I didn't make it to the Dr.s , Chris didn't want me on the roads when there was a chance of the ice/snow refreezing. He resheduled my appoinment for Monday.
Son is feeling better but sounds worse. Does that make sense? His fever is gone (pretty much) and his coughing is a bit worse. BUT, he can eat solids now and had cinnamon toast today and when he held that down, I let him have cheese pizza for dinner. (What? It's his favorite!) Plus, we're still letting him have ginger-ale.
BAMM finally shipped my book, thursday afternoon, and didn't reply to my e-mail at all. So, I am happy that my book is on the way, but I am NOT happy with their customer service this time!
I haven't read anything today, I have a couple of books in a TBR stack, but they just aren't calling to me. That ever happen to you? I'm hoping to make it to the UBS soon if Son continues to feel well. I may take a look at my shelves, or hopefully the library will get in something I have on Hold. Have y'all read anything good lately? (Oh, and I have a new review up HERE. For a historical (Regency) I recenlty read.) Did y'all have a good day? Do anything fun? *g* I haven't been anywhere since Monday, be nice and tell me. *g* I might actually get out of the house soon. Then again, the crazy weather people are saying we might actually get a bit of snow on saturday. HUH?! I think they're joking. It'll never happen, but it's a fun thought.
I hope y'all had a good day and enjoyed something you did, saw or heard. I wish a delightful friday full of fun and light-hearted laughs. Goodnight and Hugs, B.
Exercise: A bit over 2.5 miles on the treadmill, half of which was jogged.

8 comments:

Happy Anniversary!

 

Happy Anniversary Brandy and Chris!

I'm glad Son is feeling better.

 

Happy Anniversary Brandy and Chris! Have a wonderful day and I wish you even more happy years together!

 

Happy anniversary!!!

 

Devon, Thank you! I appreciate it. It's been a good 15 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope you are having a nice day!

 

Dru, Thank you! Chris is still the quiet, sweet man I married 15 years ago, THANK GOODNESS! *G*

Son is feeling better, but coughing up icky things. Ugh!

I hope you are having a good day and are ready for your jaunt to Virginia!

 

Melissa, Thank you! Chris has promised me forever and I'm holding him to it! *G*

Have a great time with the kids at Disney with the family!

 

Tori, Thank you! Chris is a good man and I am lucky to have him, not to mention he's lucky to have me! *G* LOL.

I hope you are having an enjoyable day!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?