Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Proof that Midnight is weird!


That's Daughter walking on the treadmill with Midnight. As a matter of fact, everytime I unfold the treadmill and he wants to walk, he's now begging Daughter to walk with him! I have no idea whether we attract the weird kitties are if they are a product of our home life. *g*
Today I made made a roast, did laundry, painted a door and molding. I figure if I tackle one a day the whole house won't take me longer than, say, 6 months! I also managed to sneak in a Yoga practice AND helped Son with his school work, after which I had to gather his tests from last week and his quarterly reports to scan and email to our Curriculums headquarters where they will write a report and keep records for us so that if our State starts hassling us we have PROOF that the kids are actually learning something. I. Am. Tired. *g*
I sat today and tried to think of 5 things I liked about myself. I can come up with 5 I DON'T like more easily. Can you do the same?
Chris is already feeling better. As a matter of fact he was feeling better yesterday, but I didn't have the heart to bother him to do a few things around here. I hope he doesn't get used to it, because next weekend he's fair game. *g*
I gave up on the Homicide book for today. When my eyes cross trying to keep everyone straight, I need to step back and ask myself WHY I want to read the book this badly. 1. I have heard good things about it. 2. I loved the tv show that is based upon this book. And 3. I don't like to pigeon-hole myself into a certain genre and try to read books that I may not have picked up normally.
So, I will try again to read the book tomorrow. But, for now I am reading Night Games by Nina Bangs. Talk about a difference! *G*
And that's about all from me tonight. I am tired and ready for a shower and bed. I hope y'alls day was full of productivity and laughs. I wish an enjoyable and treat-filled day for y'all tomorrow. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: 1 hour of Yoga

8 comments:

Too funny that the kitty likes to walk on the treadmill!

Wow, you were busy yesterday. Hope you can take it easy today. And it sounds like the new book is much better. Some books just don't resonate with a reader. Nothing wrong with not finishing them. Time is much too valuable to waste! And if you really want to go back to it, go back to it another day and see if you feel differently.

 

Melissa, Midnight is one of the biggest GOOBERS! He's so very sweet, but goodness he's nutty, too! *G*
Yesterday was a busy day and today I am paying for it. I hope my energy level picks up soon, I may sneak some of Chris' chocolate to help some energy along! *g*

As for the book, there aren't many that are a DNF for me, so this is bugging me. I'm going to try one more time.

I hope you are having a nice day and are settling back in at home.

 

Life is too short to waste on books you don't want to finish. :)

Five things I like about myself? Hmm. That's a touch question!

 

Tori, So true! I will try again later today, but I will make it a DNF if I can't get back into it.

5 things. Who'd have thunk it would be so difficult? For me, too.

I hope you are having a great day!

 

here's a silly question, but what does DNF mean?

Another busy day for you. I hope you're able to get some rest. So, did you hear from the doctor?

Hmm, I can think of 3 things I like about myself, struggling with two more.

Hope you had a good day.

 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

the deleted post was done by me, it posted twice.

 

Dru, DNF means Did Not Finish. I've rarely had to do that.

I was able to get some rest, but woke up very tired. And I didn't hear from the Doc today, so Chris called for me and spoke to the Lab tech. My tests came back saying that my thyroid is now normal. I am shocked because I still get tired. AND I am SO scared that the Doc will take me off the meds and I will become as exhausted as I was! (I was sleeping almost 10 hours a day and still feeling EXHAUSTED and so very fuzzy thinking.) But, this is what the Lab tech had to say, the Doc will call tomorrow. (Or her nurse, probably.)
It is VERY hard to come up with 5 things, isn't it? I know I struggled to make it to 5!

I hope you are having a relaxing evening!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?