Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle DUMB and Little MR. Tuffet.


In order from left to right: Butterscotch, Midnight and Fireball. It looks like Fireball is fussing at me for taking their picture. Well escuuuuuse me kitty, it's MY kitchen! And one of the reasons I let them stay up there? I don't have to dust the tops of my cabinets this way! *G*
Son is still sick, as a matter of fact he still has a fever as well. BUT, I found the ear thermometer that Chris told me he thought we had lost! SO! Accurate temperatures are happening now. I wasn't fond of the 102.8 earlier this evening. He is, once again, on the couch with his Spider-Man blanket and favorite pillow. Poor baby. He begged for solid food today, big mistake, so he's back to broth, jello and ginger-ale. In keeping with a simple food theme, I made chicken and rice soup for dinner. (Not for Son though, he won't eat chicken meat, unless it's in the form of a tender. *g*) No schoolwork for him today either. And I hate to say it, but Daughter is on my last nerve today. (She's misbehaving.)
Um, I didn't get a chance to get to the Y today, so I worked out at home before dinner. Chris took another day off. He doesn't like Son being sick and wanted to be home in case his fever became too high and we had to take him to the Doctor.
He entertained Son a bit with the Robosapien this afternoon, they had a blast. He also ran to the library for me, to pick up a book from Hold. I now have A Taste of Darkness by Nina Bangs to read. YAY! Especially since they still haven't shipped the book from BAMM I ordered.
I don't think the kids will be making it to RE this week. *g* Duh, right? Daughter wanted to know if I'd take her and drop her off even though Son can't go. Um, let me think, NO! I'm not taking him out when he's running a fever and it's actually cold outside here for a change. She'll be a teenager in 3 months, so I feel okay saying that teenagers are a PITB. (Pain in the Butt.)
And about the weather, we're under a winter storm advisory for wednesday thru thursday. Want to take a guess when my Dr's appointment is? Thursday morning. Sounds like I'm in for a lovely drive. And we are so not prepared in case we lose power. Oh, we have flashlights and such, but we don't have a fireplace (keep meaning to look at having one put it, but we've heard it will be expensive) and kerosene makes me sick as heck. Violently. Can someone be allergic to kerosene? And the reason I'm "talking" about all this. Our area has a tendency to lose power. *sigh* And they're calling for ice. FUN! *sigh*
And that's all. I'm not going to tell y'all how many loads of laundry I had to do today (4), oops. *g* I will tell y'all that I hope you had a lovely day and that where ever y'all are you were given a smile. I send hugs, smiles and good thoughts to you all for Wednesday. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: a bit over 2.5 miles on the treadmill, half jogged.

10 comments:

Poor son. I hope your weather isn't too bad!!!

I have a dr. appt on Friday a.m. and we're expecting sleet. UGH.

 

I'm sorry to hear Son is still sick.

Do you have a battery-powered items at home? A radio, TV or flashlight or lantern. I guess you won't be able to find a battery powered heater though.

They are predicting an Ice storm here, yeah right, like the snow storm we were supposed to have.

I hope you have a good day.

 

Hope your son feels better soon. That is no fun for anyone.

Cute pic! I hope that storm doesn't hit. You need to keep your appointment if you can!

 

i hope your weather isn't as bad as predicted. *hugs* And I hope your son feels better soon.

 

Marianne, Son actually is feeling better today. His fever isn't running as high and he's trying solid foods again. We're still giving him ginger-ale though and his cough is bad.
As for ice? I hear you. But, you have to remember when it snows, sleets and ices here, it's a major thing. Alot of people don't know how to drive with this stuff. I have chains, so I'm good. Good luck at your Dr.'s apptmt on friday and I hope you are having a nice day and that Dakota is feeling better!

 

Dru, we have batter powered flash-lights and wind up flashlights as well. We also have a battery/wind-up radio. The heat is the only thing that worries me. I am praying we don't lose power, or at least that the storm is not as bad as they are saying.
Son is feeling a bit better today, but his cough is bad. His fever isn't as bad as yesterday and I'm keeping a very close eye on him for it.

I hope you have had a lovely day and are getting your packing organized!

 

Melissa, Nope, a sick child is not fun for anyone, but most especially this kid. Son maintains an optomistic attitude through it all, but I can tell he hates not being able to play like he usually does.
As for my Dr.'s apptmt, I remembered this afternoon that I have chains, but when we get things like sleet, ice and snow (like they're calling for) just about everything closes down. I'm keeping my eye out, it's not supposed to start until late tonight.
I hope you had a nice day. I also hope your plans for friday are going smoothly!

 

Tori, I'm hoping it isn't as bad as predicted either. Although, I would like some snow for the kids. *g*
Son is feeling a bit better today. His fever is low and he's trying regular food (so far so good) and he is talking A LOT more. *g*

Have a pleasant evening! I hope the writing is going well.

 

I'm sorry the poor baby is ill - sounds awful.

You're getting snow? Darn.

Goodnight Toots!

 

Bailey, he's feeling better today, but he did end up losing his lunch earlier, solids again. It's because of the stupid drainage. And would you not know that it would snow when he' sick and shouldn't be outside playing in it.
We were only supposed to get about 1-3 inches, now they're saying we're going to get 2-6 and then top it all off with ice and sleet. FUN! I don't think I'll be going to the Dr.s tomorrow. *g*

Have a good evening and thanks so much for thinking of Son, he loved the email you sent him! *G*

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?