I took this picture Sunday afternoon. I had gone out to deadhead the bush and noticed that there were still buds and flowers and blooming and knew that any day now we would have our first frost and was worried it would kill the buds. So, I was a tad selfish and clipped a few to bring in to enjoy. The cats thought I brought them in as a snack. *sigh* So, enjoy this picture, as the flowers now have bite marks.
It seems as though the weather was just waiting for Halloween to turn cooler. Today I had to not only wear a long sleeve shirt, but I had to steal Chris' fleece jacket when we left this afternoon for later. After schoolwork this afternoon we headed out for the day. Our first stop was the MT Y where Daughter taught MA class. She is really doing well! I am very proud of how her teaching skills have improved. She did warn the child program director that she would not be able to teach next week due to an educational commitment. Her educational commitment? She wants to attend another Teen Writing Workshop next week. I wonder if "the boy" will be there? Is it bad that I don't know the boy well, but don't think he's right for Daughter?
Anyway, our next stop was the Pine Y for the kids MA class. After arriving we were informed that the kids Gi's that were ordered at the beginning of October were just now being shipped, but only because the MA Director called to see what was taking so long and was informed that everything was ready except for one Gi (Daughter's), which was still backordered. *sigh* The MA Director asked them to go ahead and ship everything they could ship and that they could ship Daughter's Gi separately. So, Son will have his Gi in time for the Tournament next weekend, but not Daughter. Darnit! Daughter is pretty disappointed, but at least she'll have her blue belt in time for the Tournament. (She tests for that this weekend and I have no doubt she'll pass.) While the kids were in class I worked out, but I was just so tired I had to push myself.
After all that the kids and I went by Wendy's because they begged nicely and had coupons for free frosty's they received in their treat bags for Halloween. *g* Why they wanted frosty's when it was 56 degrees out, I don't know. I was wearing Chris' fleece jacket by then! *g*
We arrived home to find that Chris had made dinner! Yay! He has to work early tomorrow, so we had to hustle him upstairs after dinner and DWTS tonight. And I? Well, I'm still reeling a bit from last nights phone call. It's just so weird and I can't help but wonder- What if they don't like me?
Ah, onward. I finished my J.D. Robb book today, it was a good solid read. It didn't start as exciting as other books, but more gentle. I have no issue with that. It actually set up the case the book covered well. The character growth was good and there was one scene in the back of a surveillance that had me giggling. Eve has grown more in touch with those around her and a regular reader of the series will pick up on that. Next up? I have no idea. I've had a lot on my mind today and haven't had time to pick a new book out from the few I have left from the library.
No more from me, which I am sure y'all are glad. I am rather boring. *g* I hope y'all had a Terrific Tuesday. I wish a Wonderful Wednesday for y'all. Goodnight and Hugs, B.
Exercise: 6.50 miles on the stationary bike, 30 minutes on weight machines, 10 minutes stretching.

6 comments:
The flower is pretty.
Sounds like a good and busy day. Hopefully they'll get Daughter's Gi sooner rather than later.
Have a good Wednesday.
Gorgeous picture!! We've had our hard frost, so no more flowers -- I have to live vicariously through yours.
I have book envy -- I'm dying to read the new J. D. Robb.
Have a great day!
Dru, know what's weird? I like the LOOK of roses but can not stand the scent of them.
Yesterday was pretty good and busy. I, too, hope that Daughter's Gi comes in soon. I know how much she wanted to wear it to the Tournament next weekend.
I hope you're having a spectacular day!
Marianne, I'm pretty sure these are the last flowers we'll have until next Spring. We've dropped temperatures so much today that I had to turn on the heat.
I'm starting to get antsy today. I read an entire book last night and now have only one book left from the library. I hope they get in a few of my holds soon!
I also hope you're having a happy day!
Beautiful picture!
I've got to get to the library one of these days to get caught up on the J.D. Robb books.
Tori, thank you! As much as I love photographing the cats, I also enjoy nature.
The J.D. Robb series is the longest running series I read. I gave up on the Plum books by Evanovich this year. I wouldn't have, but they never change. The characters never change, they never grow and it became frustrating. The In Death books are different, they do have change.
I hope you've had a great day!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?