For some reason I tend to bake more in the cooler months and last night I decided to make blueberry muffin bread. I'll be honest. I'm lazy, I love blueberry muffins, but they take more time. So, I made this recipe up a couple of years ago and the cinnamon sugar sprinkled topping make it yum-my! Daughter and I enjoyed some for breakfast today. *g* (Chris doesn't like blueberry's and Son? Well, he's still quite picky with his food.)
Not a long day! It was nice. After lunch I drove Daughter to a Teen event at the library and then I went to work-out while Chris stayed home with Son. I thought a little "guy time" was a good idea. While I was gone they watched a movie together, some Sci-Fi movie remake of 'The Phantom'. They both had a good time. *g* Daughter also had a good time, especially considering SHE WON AGAIN. I told her they were going to quit inviting her to the Teen events if she keeps winning. *g* (Today's Teen event was the game "Minute to Win It".)
As for reading? I started and finished The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green (a YA). I truly enjoyed this book. It was realistic and had a life lesson- Be careful of what you wish for. The main character was believable in her locked down good girl personality and her friends were funny and endearing. There were several instances of rash and impulsive decisions/wishes and when they backfired and the girls were left with the mess they learned that you must persevere.
As for what to read next? I have one YA left and then I'm out of books again. Cross your fingers the library gets in a few of my holds soon, as well as the books I've been stalking in the database for weeks. *g*
Besides laundry and helping with dinner, it's been a pretty slow day and I for one appreciate it after the past week.
Time for me to head offline. Tomorrow promises to be a long day. Oh, I do have an odd question. Would it be bad if I mowed my next door neighbors yard? He's driving me batty. It's tall and has tall weeds and since this is Mrs. M's son who has been living there since she went to stay with her army husband in Minnesota I know she'd be ticked if she knew what he's done to her yard. I can understand being busy, but he's had time to cut it. He just doesn't want to and it's driving me nutty. (So, yeah, my neat-freak personality is annoyed, too.) What would you do? I don't mind cutting it, it would be a relief.
NOW it's time to head offline. I hope y'all had an amusing and fun Saturday. I wish a restful and peaceful Sunday for y'all. Goodnight and Blessings, B.
Exercise: 8 miles on the stationary bike at level 11, 20 minutes weights.

9 comments:
Legally you can't mow the lawn without his permission. However, you can ask him if he'll let you mow the lawn.
Even though I won't eat certain baked goods or foods, most look very appetizing.
I hope your library gets some books in soon.
Have a good Sunday.
Dru, I know I can't cut it legally. Then again, he'd have to prove it was me. *g*
Son is uber picky. Supremely picky. He'll eventually try more foods as he gets older, but it's still sometimes frustrating.
Thanks on the library wishes! *g*
I hope you are having a lovely Sunday!
I was thinking your mowing the lawn might shame him into better behavior. LOL
Re the blueberry bread, if Chris & Son won't eat it... MORE FOR YOU AND DAUGHTER! LOL!
Tori, you'd have thought, but it didn't. BUT, you'll never believe it! He mowed his lawn today. There are huge clumps of dried grass everywhere, but at least he did it! Son was out playing with his son in the yard and I had to ask Son if he'd said anything about me wanting to cut the yard. Luckily, Son knew not to. *G* I'm just glad it's done!
The blueberry bread is GONE. I had the last piece for lunch. Now onto perfecting a pumpkin bread recipe..... *G*
I hope you've had a peaceful day!
Glad your neighbor finally mowed his lawn.
Dru, me, too! *g*
Hope you're having a nice night!
The blueberry bread looks delicious. I bake a lot more in the fall and winter, too.
As for your neighbor's lawn, I know how that sort of thing can drive one batty (I've got one of those, too... who lets lawn go un-mowed, leaves and spilled garbage blows around to my yard, etc..) but there's not much you can do about it. The only thing that you can really do is call your township and report the overgrown lawn. I know most communities have ordinances about how tall the lawn is allowed to go. The town can enforce it, too by issuing warnings and then finally a summons if the homeowner doesn't comply.
Just read the comments after I posted mine and see the neighbor mowed his lawn. LOL.
Christine, the blueberry muffin bread was delicious. *g*
I was so glad to see that the neighbor finally cut the grass. I used to mow that lawn for his Mom when she didn't feel well and I know she hated to have it overgrow.
Hope you've had a lot of good reading lately!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?