Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Precious!

We love each and every one of our cats. And we take very good care of them, no cheap cat food here, not to mention all the toys we buy for them. Wicket's favorite toys? Our fingers and toes and she finds this bear comforting. At one time this bear was Son's and then Fireball's when he was a kitten. The bear hasn't seen much attention since them, but he's up to the task of comforting yet another kitten. Wicket usually sleeps either draped over this bear, or snuggled behind it.

It's been a loooong day. MIL gave Chris money to take the kids to the movies since her back is bothering her, but she still wanted the kids to go see the new Harry Potter movie, knowing how much both kids like the series. Since she doesn't really care about the series anyway, I think she was happy that Chris wanted to see the movie, too. *g* So, this afternoon Chris took the kids to the movies and I went to the MT Y to work out and then headed to Target to pick up some Christmas gifts for the kids. I took Son's list with me, as I know Daughter's by heart, and had trouble finding most everything on it. So, I improvised for one thing, I picked him up a Lego board game-the Minotaur one. I also picked up what I thought was the correct Omnitrex from Ben-10 for him, but Daughter informed me tonight that I picked up the wrong one. *sigh* I tried. That just means I have to go back and return it and try and find the one he wants. I picked up Daughter a pair of earrings (My karate loving Daughter loves to bling out her ears.) and a movie she loves. Plus, I picked up several stocking stuffers for them while I was out. I stopped in Petsmart after Target (right next door) looking for kitten formula since we were out, but they didn't carry the kind we've been giving her and the price of what they did have was more than what we've been paying. However, they did have our cats food on sale! Yay! The sad part of the trip was that the front part of the store was host to a pet adoption weekend for cats. They were all so beautiful and sweet and I felt so very sad to see so many needing homes. I know it sounds silly, but I said a prayer that each one finds a loving home.
After Petsmart I quickly dropped by WW and picked up some more kitten formula and headed home to feed the kitten and let her out of her carrier so she could play. And play she does! She's becoming very comfortable with us and her surroundings and romped everywhere. I started placing her in the litter box every 15 minutes or so and she's been using the box. I immediately scoop out whatever she does so that the other cats won't have a fit, not to mention it's just a better practice to be doing right now.
I wasn't home 5 minutes before Chris called and said the movie was over and they were heading home. So, I fed the kitten and played with her and waited for them to arrive. When they did Chris and I sat and finished our "menu" for the next two weeks and made a list of what we needed and as an experiment we left the kids at home and went to WW. (WW is about 15 minutes from our house.) I call this an experiment because Chris and I have been invited to a Holiday party next weekend and are thinking of letting the kids stay home by themselves. Daughter is old enough to babysit and has taken CPR and first aid, so I thought maybe it was time to see how responsible she can be. The good news? They were fine, the house was fine and she and Son didn't fight. Shocker! For an hour or two, it works. And we feel a bit more comfortable about having Daughter babysit Son next weekend.
Tomorrow we have a family dinner to attend and on one hand we're fine with it and on another I have a lot of things to take care of tomorrow and just don't feel like going. But, family is important and we're going to please the Out-laws.
As for reading? Believe it or not, I have a couple of library books left to read and yet I picked a keeper off my shelves. I'm reading Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie, Anne Stuart and Lani Diane Rich. I'm enjoying rereading it. *g* And will go back and read my library books soon.

That's all from me tonight. It's very late and I need to get some sleep. I hope y'all had an amusing and enjoyable day. I wish a blessed and restful Sunday for y'all. Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, B.

Exercise: 30 minutes stationary bike @ level 11, 30 minutes weights, 10 minutes sit-ups.

8 comments:

Sounds like Wicket is getting use to surroundings. When are you going to introduce Wicket to the other members of the family, namely the cats?

Glad your experiment with leaving the kids home worked.

I hope the family dinner is a good one.

Have a great Sunday.

 

I miss having a kitten... *sigh*

It's always a bit nerve-wracking leaving a kid home for the first few times. We left DD home alone for about five minutes (she was waiting for a friend we knew was on the way) and I was a mess! LOL...

 

Wicket looks so sweet with her teddy bear. :)

And I don't think it's at all silly to say a prayer those cats find good homes.

 

Wicket is SO precious! Those eyes!! So cute.

My girlfriend's kids have that Minotaur Lego game. I was at their house when their eldest got it for his birthday and the kids loved setting it up and playing! I hope Son enjoys it. :)

Did Chris and the kids like the Harry Potter movie? I saw it last weekend and thought it was great. I wanted a little more out of the scene in which they find Gryffindor sword and the dialogue between Harry and Ron, but it was still good.

Yay! For a successful test drive with Daughter baby sitting Son! I think our children behave better towards each other when we're not around. LOL. Plus I think they like being trusted with more responsibility and independence, so they want to prove to us they can handle it so we'll do it again. It's good all around.

Hope you're having a great Sunday. :)

 

Dru, the other cats have been either ignoring or sniffing around her and hissing. Midnight is fascinated by her. He and Fireball are the two that don't hiss at her at all.
It's scary to leave the kids at home, but they both did very well. I'm still not sure if we'll leave them at home when the Christmas party is, though that time has been changed, so I have more than a weekend to freak out over it! *g*
The family dinner was nice, but a tad boring as they always are. We pleased the Out-laws by attending and that was our goal.

I hope you've had a pleasing Sunday!

 

Marianne, as cute as kittens are, when they are this young they take a lot of time and attention. It's going to be a real test of our coming week to make sure she's not alone more than three hours or so at a time.
I can say I won't make a practice of leaving the kids alone. It'll be on a case-by-case basis. I know EXACTLY how you felt! *g*

I hope your Sunday has gone well!

 

Tori, Wicket looks sweet all the time. *g* I remarked to Chris how much kittens look like aliens with their huge eyes and pointed ears. *g*
I've said several prayers those kitties find homes. It breaks my heart to know there are kitties out there that don't know the comfort and love of a good home.
(And actually, it's all animals, though we have an affinity for kitties.)

I hope you've had a good Sunday!

 

Christine, I wish you could really see this kitten. She is without-a-doubt adorable. *g*
Thanks for the news on the Minotaur game. I think the kids will like to play it together. I like to find games for them that they don't have to get online to play, or use the Wii. *g*
As for Daughter, I wondered if maybe she'd act a tad more mature if we handed her more responsibilities. So far she's done a decent job. I just hope she continues to act nicely to her brother! *g*

As for the movie? They all loved it. I haven't hear any complaints beyond the fact that they'll have to wait so long to see the next one in June(?) of next year.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?