This is the Apple Cake I made today. I had asked for apple recipes yesterday and gotten some very delicious sounding recipes, but I had all the ingredients on hand for this cake and so decided to try it. I still had a few apples leftover and so also tried my hand, an experiment if you will, at baked apples. I cooked those a little too long, but they are still delicious-even if they did come out mushy. *g* Kind of like baked applesauce with skins. *g* But, the cake? Perfect. Daughter loves it! And Chris? Well, Chris had a craving (an oddity because the man has no sweet tooth) for Rice Krispie Treats and made some of those tonight instead of trying my cake. Stinker!
It's been a kind of slow day. We started slow and rested for a bit, but then I began with the apple cake and baked apples and then decided to sweep, mop and vacuum the floors. I also washed the garage windows and ironed for the coming week. And yeah, more laundry. *g* Chris took care of dinner tonight. He roasted a chicken. Unlike me, he knows which side is up and which is down and he cooks his breast side up. I told him that was boring. *g* What? I have no idea why I can't remember which side is up, start questioning myself and end up half the time cooking one the wrong side up. It's the only thing I mess up in the kitchen, though. And also why Chris is in charge of the turkey at Thanksgiving. *G*
As for reading? I caught up on my online reading. And finished the PTA book. Now I hope to have a few minutes tonight to begin the Whoopi book. I've skimmed the chapter titles and can't wait to begin reading it! *g*
Oh, I also talked to Bio-Dad again. He called earlier when I was chopping apples and I had to ask Daughter to tell him I was busy. Then I thought I should have at least said to maybe call back later and had Daughter text to the number he called from. It wasn't until I was ironing that I flashed on the fact that the number I had seen was his home and not his cell number. OOps. I promise I have a brain. I do! *sigh* So, I drew up the courage and called him this evening. (You have no idea how hard that was, btw.) We chatted for a bit and he asked me to let him know when he could come down and meet me. Um, huh? What is with these peoples all-fired hurry? I'm nervous enough about all this! He said he wanted to come meet me and take me to lunch. Just me. ACK! Without Chris for backup? GAH! NO. Can't do it. So, now I need to try and figure all this out. *sigh*
Anyway, that's all from me. I still have a few things to take care of before I can relax and read for a while. I hope y'all had a Blessed and Peaceful Sunday. I wish a pleasing and low-key Monday for y'all. Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, B.
Exercise: Not today. Took it easy. Sort of. *g*

12 comments:
The cake looks yummy, but alas I won't eat cooked fruit.
Have a good Monday.
The cake looks delicious!
Good luck with your dad, whatever you do ... just remember, there is such a thing as waiting too long. It would be a shame to put things off and then not have a chance to see him. I know that it's complicated, but you know that sometimes you only get this moment. I hate sounding preachy, but when it comes to family (even estranged family) it's a shame to have regrets. I'll tell you about my sister some time...
((((hugs)))
Yummy looking cake!
And I have to agree with Marianne. He's reaching out. That has to count for something. But life can change or be over in an instant. You don't want to miss out and later regret it.
Your apple cake looks amazing. My family would devour that in two days... three days tops! :D
I DO understand how difficult that was for you to call bio Dad back, but I'm glad that you did. I know this whole thing is a lot to emotionally digest and it pushes you out of your comfort zone, but I have to agree with Marianne and Melissa in that you shouldn't wait too long. Is the first time you meet him face to face ever really going to be easy and stress free? No. Is it possible that this opportunity of a lifetime could vanish in a heartbeat? Yes.
Maybe he's in a hurry because he has been wanting to be in touch with you for years and years... maybe even your lifetime... and now that he has a chance to be a part of your life... he doesn't want to waste any more time than he's already wasted.
I understand your need to have Chris by your side when you meet him, but I also understand why bio Dad wants to meet you for the first time without anyone else there. This has everything to do with YOU and bio DAD.. no one else. Having Chris and or your kids there changes the dynamics of the whole thing. But of course, you have to do what works best for YOU. The only advice I can give you is to be completely honest with him if and when you make arrangements. If you have to have Chris with you to do this, then tell bio Dad that... be upfront about how difficult and overwhelming all of this is for you. In the end, I'm sure he'll choose to see you on YOUR terms no matter what. You can do this!
xo
Dru, uh-oh. Should I have not posted the picture? I'm sorry.
I hope you're having a fantastic Monday!
Marianne, the cake is yummy!
As for the situation with my bio-Dad. I do want to meet him, but I've only talked on the phone with him twice now and am so nervous.
I'm already estranged from the Dad who raised me because of his wife, so I know about time slipping away.
I hope you're having a sensational Monday!
Melissa, it looked pretty (to me anyway) and tasted even better! *g*
I will meet with him, I'm just so shocked at the rush. I know he's said he's been searching for me for years. It's just so hard to take in and believe. I had resigned myself to Chris' parents being the only family I had anymore (besides Chris and the kids).
Anyway, I hope you're having a terrific Monday!
Christine, it tastes really good. I am surprised! *g* And we're on our way to devouring it ourselves. I admit I had a piece for breakfast. Yum!
I will agree to meet with bio-dad, it's just that I don't do well meeting new people to begin with and for it to be this, too? It's scary.
And while I think having the kids with me would be too much, I need Chris there as a stabilizing effect. I just won't feel comfortable without him there. And bio-Dad needs to realize that it's not just me he's invited into his life. It's my husband and my family. I'm not alone. I come as a package. That time in my life where it was just me is gone. Having Chris there will keep me from bolting from the meeting.
Thanks for your kind words.
I hope you're having a marvelous Monday!
Wow! Your apple cake is really fancy. Mom makes hers in a sheet pan. LOL!
I'm with everyone else re your bio-dad. Maybe there's something going on his life that makes him think he doesn't have time to waste.
Tori, it's not fancy, the recipe called for a fluted pan and I don't have one of those, but I did have a rarely used bunt pan. *g*
I want to meet him, but things feel like they're moving very fast. And I have to have Chris there. Without him there I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to even show up.
I'm sure everything will work out.
I hope you're having a delightful day!
I heard there was still some apple cake left ... so I came back for a bite! ;)
Christine, silly! *g* I'm waiting to see if Daughter is going to eat the last piece of apple cake or not. *g*
Hope you're having a marvelous week!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?