Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Patches is funny!

I caught Patches in the act of getting ready for a nap on Son's bed yesterday. The funny part? That I had time to go downstairs and grab my camera and run back upstairs and her leg was still in this same position. She'll just leave it up if you start talking to her, too. *g*

Not too very busy of a day, but a frustrating one when it came to schoolwork. Son could not be motivated today, he was having trouble concentrating. He gets like that every now and then, thankfully not too often. His last two things to take care of were two tests. Funny enough those were the fastest things he did and scored well on. *g* This evening after Chris arrived home from work we headed to Sparring at the MA teachers teachers dojo. (Uh-huh, say that five times really fast. *G*) The kids did well. We can see a huge improvement with their technique. Daughter did really well and Son was doing well until he was hit hard in an unmentionable area. (He has a cup, he won't wear it, says it's uncomfortable.)  He cried and I felt so bad. It triggered his temper and he had to sit out for a while because not only did I recognize the anger on his face, but I made sure his teacher could see it as well. I also made sure Son knew it was an accident (It was, he and a new student were sparring and the boy forgot not to hit/kick below the belt.) and that the other boy knew there were no hard feelings before he left.
As for Daughter's test? Her teacher talked to us tonight and postponed it until class on Tuesday. He doesn't have the extra funds for gas to drive all the way over to the next city over where the Pine Y is located (trust me, it took almost 40 minutes for us to drive to the dojo and it takes us 30 minutes to drive to the Pine Y-so it is pretty far for him since he lives not too far from the dojo). He works for his father and their work has dried up due to it's type (security system installation). He's actually going to have to look for a job with another company and while I hope he finds something, that does make me worry as to his availability to teach the kids. Anyway, we told him we understood, after all we were young and Chris was in the Military at one time and as an enlisted (before he received his degrees) and they make NOTHING. And even now, we live off of one income. We understand sacrifice. We understand difficulty. So, we told him that Tuesday would be fine. I just hope he makes it. Because if he doesn't, I'll have to hunt him down and yell at him for disappointing Daughter.

After the Sparring we headed home and since it was late we ended up raiding the fridge for dinner instead of cooking. (It was late.) And I finally warmed my hands up by fixing a nice mug of hot chocolate. *g* YUM! I can see why Dru recommends hot chocolate!

As for reading? I'm halfway through the PTA book. It's a good read. I like the lead character and the plot is fun, for me, since I've never belonged to a PTA and I can let my imagination go and not worry about details. After this? I have no idea. I may take a trip by the library tomorrow. Maybe the next towns over library. They have to have something I'll like that I haven't read, right? *g*

And time for me to head offline. I hope y'all had a fantastic Friday. I wish an amusing and smile filled Saturday for y'all. Goodnight and Hugs, B.

Exercise: I had planned to tear up the garden today but had to "ride herd" on Son today with schoolwork. So, no. Maybe tomorrow.

8 comments:

I'm glad you're enjoying your book.

Looks like you caught Patches in the process of a cleaning.

Have a good day.

 

Cute pic!

Hot chocolate is the best! I've learned to listen to Dru. She knows things ;)

Enjoy your weekend!

 

Dru, I did catch Patches in the middle of her 'bath'. She's so funny about leaving that leg lifted, like she can't remember it's there. *g*
The book is cute. I like it.

I hope you're having a marvelous Saturday!

 

Melissa, Patches can be cute! *g* And you're right, Dru knows good things! Hot Chocolate is yummy, especially the Dark Chocolate kind with a bit of mallow creme on top. *g*

I hope you're having a great day!

 

Patches is a funny girl. :)

Do you think last night's accident will get Son to wear the cup now?

 

Tori, Patches is very funny! *g* I don't know if last nights accident will get Son to finally wear his cup, but I hope so!

I hope you're having a sensational day!

 

This is a very funny pic of Patches! :D It's so cute when they have their leg up like that. Yes, Furball does it all the time too. :D

 

Jace, Patches can be a very funny girl. Her normal pose is what we call "Hula Girl" when she lays on the floor and has her back paws turned one way and her front paws turned another. *g*
Glad to know some things are universal with kitties. *g*
I hope you've had a pleasing weekend!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?