Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Here is Son's Pumpkin! Isn't he cute? 

Here is Daughter's Pumpkin! Those of you who are Star Wars fans should know what this is!

And here is Chris' pumpkin! He did a great job and I didn't get a good picture and feel bad about that. Aren't the details awesome? 

We had a good Halloween. Son woke today and immediately put on his costume and was ready to go. It took a while to actually get him to eat something, he was that excited. *g* It must be fantastic to be that excited about something. 

And here's Layla to say she hopes y'all had a Happy Halloween! And yes, that's my lap she's sitting on. *g* 

We had some things to take care of before tonight. So Chris helped Son work on his Kata for the tournament in two weeks. Daughter worked on a bit of schoolwork. I cleaned and ironed and Chris and started spaghetti for dinner. This was the first time we've ever tried cooking it in the crockpot. Don't worry, we baked the meatballs and then added them. *g* 
I also ended up painting Daughter's friends nails black because he was "Goth" for his costume. At first he was going to be "Emo", but then I shortcut the differences between the two and he settled on Goth. I also painted Daughters nails as well. She doesn't have a steady hand with her non-dominant hand and needed some help. *g* 

All too soon it was time for Chris to gather the kids and take everyone trick-or-treating. He had Daughter, Son, and two of the kids friends. By the time another half hour had passed he had another of Daughter's friends, too. *g* And I? My usual of sitting on the porch with a cauldron of candy and a book. *g* One thing I just don't get? WHY are these parents driving the kids door to door? Park nearby and WALK WITH THEM. And they wonder about childhood obesity! Make the kids work for that candy! *g* To me, it's just laziness to the Nth degree. By the end of the night I'd had over 85 kids at our door. And yes, I kept my tally of costumes. *g* One pair of kids was funny because they weren't in costume. Bear with me. They came up and said "We know we're too old to trick-or-treat, we know we're not in costume, but we really like candy." *g* I gave them points for honesty. And candy. *g* 
The Out-laws called and decided to stop by tonight. We had thought since they had Church tonight, since they intimated it when I spoke to them on Friday, that they wouldn't be stopping by. They didn't stay long, but did witness the kids and one of their friends sitting on the floor and swapping candy. It was so funny! I now know that three Reece cups are worth one normal sized Hershey bar. *g* At least they are to Son. *g* 

After all that and the Out-laws had left we had dinner and relaxed for a bit before heading upstairs. Chris and I watched Death at a Funeral, the american version with Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, and Tracy Morgan. (To name just a few of the spectacular cast.) It was hilarious, but not suitable for a family, just a warning. There was bad language, a bit of nudity and some restroom humor. We laughed like loons at several parts. 

And that was our day and evening. I did get a chance to read a bit of my J.D. Robb book during the few times I had a lull in kids coming by. Time for me to get some sleep. I hope y'all had a festive and cute Halloween. I wish a pleasing and smile-filled Monday for y'all. Goodnight and Blessings, B.

Exercise: No time today. Even though I didn't sit down until it was time to hand out candy. *g*



11 comments:

Glad you and family had a good Halloween day. I think it's great the kids still dress in costumes on this day.

Have a good Monday.

 

oops...love the pumpkins.

 

Cute, cute pumpkins! And Layla, of course! :D

So nice the kids had so much Halloween fun. :) You had lots of fun too, handing out candies and eyeing all those costumes, yes? :)

 

The pumpkins look great! Glad you had a good Halloween!

 

Great pumpkins! Rose had an awesome Halloween. The other two not so much. There should be a law about not being able to be sick on Halloween!

Take care!

 

Dru, the kids had a great Halloween. This was Daughter's last year dressing up. We imposed a cut-off date/age. Next year she'll help Chris walk the kids around, or she'll hand out candy with me. OR maybe she'll have something else to do altogether! *g*
I'm glad you like the pumpkins. Son's was the most popular last night.

I hope you're having a lovely Monday!

 

Jace, I'm glad you like our pumpkins! And yes, you know I had to have a picture of Layla dressed up. *g*

The kids had a great time. And I had a good time seeing all the costumes. I think my favorite was the toddler Dinosaur.

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and a fantastic start to the week.

 

Tori, I have to say I love the care and attention Daughter and Chris put into their pumpkins, but Son's is my favorite just because of how cute it turned out. *g*
We had a good Halloween and I've been trying to moderate candy eaten ever since! *g*

I hope you're having a marvelous Monday!

 

Melissa, glad you like the pumpkins. Did you notice the symbol on Daughter's? It's the symbol of the Order of the Jedi. *g*
Glad to hear Rose had a good Halloween, but not that the other two were sick. Will Rose share her bounty?

Hope you're having a nice Monday!

 

LOVE the pumpkins!!! And your cats are so patient ... mine would draw blood if we tried to dress her in anything.

 

Marianne, so glad you like the kids and Chris' pumpkins! Aren't they great?
Layla is pretty good about letting me dress her up. We tried to get a picture of the hat on Pepper, but that did NOT go well. *g*

I hope you've had a pleasing day!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?