Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

An Oldie But Funny!

This picture is several years old, but I just had to share it again because even after all this time it makes us smile. Yes, we do have a little too much fun playing dress-up with the kitties, but they don't seem to mind...... too much. *g* Here a child's clip-on tie provides amusement. *g*

It's been a looong day. The day has been gray and drizzly, sometimes raining and chilly. I was very glad to return to our Monday routine today. The morning was slow, but this afternoon we managed to get Daughter to the Pine Y for her training and then Son and I drove home where he worked on more schoolwork and I made dinner ahead of time, well, most of it. And before we knew it, it was time to pick up Daughter again. We then headed to the MT Y and I worked out while Daughter sat in the lobby. She did take Yoga with me tonight, though. Oh, and Chris made it to the Y tonight- Yay! In Yoga we had a different teacher ,since ours is out of town this week, and she had us do a few partner-type moves. Daughter and I partnered up and we both cracked up, but had fun with a few
Oh, and while on the way to pick up Daughter, Son and I stopped by the library and dropped off a bagful of items and also picked up a few things for me. I now have Holiday Affair by Lisa Plumley, The Night She Got Lucky by Susan Donovan and Skating Around the Law by Joelle Charbonneau (a new-to-me author that Dru recommended, and Dru knows her books!). I started the Skating book at the MT Y while on the stationary bike and finished it when we arrived home (after dinner-chicken pot pie, YUM!) and spent time sitting this evening and watching a little bit of tv. It was a good and fun read. I'd classify it as a cozy, but the lead character is young (not an older character) and the mystery was interesting. I hope there are more books featuring the character! (Her grandfather was a HOOT!) And now? I'm reading Retail Hell by Freeman Hall. I picked this book up last week and am just now getting around to it. Already I'm enjoying it and though I am only about 30 pages into it, I'm hooked. I'm not sure if it's because I've worked retail before or because the author has such a droll and satirical voice.

And that's where I leave y'all. I am exhausted. It's been a long few days and I'm just at my wall right now. I hope y'all had a low-key Monday. I wish a terrific Tuesday for y'all. Goodnight and Hugs, B.

Exercise: 8.82 miles on the stationary bike at level 11, 1 hour Yoga.

6 comments:

I'm glad you enjoyed Joelle's book. She is working on the second book, so we'll see more of her grandfather who definitely was a hoot.

Have a good Tuesday.

 

Cute pic!

We love chicken pot pie in our house, too! I made my recipe for curry chicken pot pie last week... I could go for it again tonight! Especially since it's gray and drizzly here today, which to me, signals the need for some fall comfort food. Maybe an apple cake for dessert since I never made it over to your place for a piece last week. ;)

 

Dru, there will be a second book? Awesome! Her grandfather and all his dates were so funny. And I adored Elwood!
Thanks for letting me know!

I hope you're having a delightful day!

 

Christine, Oreo knows how to take a fun picture! *g*
It's been a while since I've made chicken pot pie, but yesterdays weather just called for it. I've never had curry before, and hope to change that one of these days.
The apple cake was delicious, I hope yours is yummy too! But, since I've seen the delicious things you make that you've shared online I am sure it would be scrumptious!

I hope you're having a cozy comfortable day!

 

Love the picture! Must track down that skating book. :)

 

Tori, Oreo looked rather dashing for a girl, didn't she? *g*

The skating book was fun, I liked the lead character and her grandfather had me grinning.

I hope you're having a terrific day!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?