Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Pumpkin Bread and Layla!

This is the pumpkin bread I made last night. What do you think? It has a cinnamon sugar topping. *g* Just the right touch of sweet with a smidge of crunch. I finally tried some when I got up today and it was good, to me anyway. *g*

Does this look on Layla's face not look long suffering? It's because Butterscotch cuddled up to her. She is not a fan of Butterscotch and usually smacks him if he gets too close. She was being really sweet and I have no idea why. *g*

A pretty quiet day here. I've given the kids the week off. It ended up that way because of two things. One, I had a monstrous sinus headache this morning and two, the kids friends have an optional day tomorrow and have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off. Besides, I only give them a week at Christmas. I try to keep to the normal school schedule for around here. Though I don't give "teacher in-service" days. I wish! *g* After taking Daughter to the Pine Y for lifeguard work Son and I headed home and while he played with the Wii I cleaned all the bathrooms. Even Daughters. That's normally her chore, but she's been falling down on the job. At least to my standards. Besides, I commando clean. *g* The family thinks I'm a tad picky when it comes to cleaning. I say they don't clean the right way. *g*
Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Daughter and head to the MT Y. After we arrived I watched the kids eat a snack and then popped Son into Childwatch. I worked out on the stationary bike and then shooed Daughter off to the pool (her knee was bothering her so no Yoga for her tonight) and I headed to Yoga after spending a few minutes with Chris who had just arrived. We had our regular Yoga teacher tonight, thank goodness. I like this teacher a lot. She has us do interesting poses and her class is never boring. A lot of her poses are "flow poses" meaning we go from one pose right into another. (Ex. Warrior 1 to Warrior 3 to Standing Split. or Warrior 2 to Extended side angle to, arggh can't remember the name- backwards warrior?)
After class we all met up together and headed home. I sauteed peppers and onions and shredded cheese and Chris cooked the flank steak for fajitas. I like it when Chris and I cook together. It's fun. *g*
And as my treat for dessert? Hot chocolate. Dru has the right idea there! *g*

That's all from me tonight. It's been a long day, though a quiet one. My headache never went away and I've had it all day. Not fun. Thanks for all the good thoughts. I appreciate them. We'll figure something out. We always do, it's just not been a good year for us. Besides having such great friends that is! And a wonderful family. And funny pets. (I'm counting my blessings. Count your many blessings count them one by one........) And a good library.....
Anyway, time for bed. I hope y'all had a stress-free day. I wish a terrific Tuesday for y'all. Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, B.

Exercise: 8 miles on the stationary bike @ level 11, 1 hour yoga!

6 comments:

The bread looks great.

I think Butterscotch just wore Layla down with cuddling.

I like the Vinyasa/flow yoga, too. Hopefully, I can find a good studio around here.

I'm so impressed with your 8 miles on the bike!

 

Devon, I've been in a baking mood for the past week and a half-hence the pumpkin bread. *g*
You may be right about Butterscotch. Normally Layla will hiss and smack him, but the other day when he tucked his head against her she just gave me that luck.

I have found I react better and feel better after the classes with the teacher who teaches Vinyassa yoga. I hope you are able to find a welcoming and comfortable yoga studio near your new home!

Because of my feet I have to be careful of how to exercise these days (Although once a week I take Zumba class-Bad Brandy! *G*) and the stationary bike works well for me. Plus I can read while biking.

I hope the unpacking is going well. I am so happy you're out of the negative place you were living. Wishing you lots of fun, enjoyable and loving memories to be made in your new home.

 

Did you stick a marshmallow in your hot chocolate?

 

Dru, I was bad, I had FOUR marshmallows in my Hot Chocolate. *g*

I hope you've had a fabulous day!

 

The pumpkin bread looks great, but I think I need a piece to find out just how delicious it tastes. ;)

Aww, sweet cuddling kitties! ^_^
Is Layla at the top of the hierarchy in your house? Has she been with you the longest? I'm asking because she behaves a lot like my cat Peek-a-boo who is THE QUEEN in our house.

 

Christine, if you were closer I'd give you a piece in a heart beat. *g*
The kitties do cuddle, just not usually these two.
Yes, Layla is at the top of the hierarchy in the house. She is the oldest and the one we've had the longest. I've raised her from just a few days old. (Her mother abandoned her, my Mom found her in a parking lot with her eyes still closed, she didn't even look like a kitten.)
She IS our kitty Queen. *g*

I hope you've had a nice week so far!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?