I am REALLY bad at post titles, sorry! *g* But, I just had to share this picture I took today of the two brothers, Fireball and Butterscotch, on top of the kitchen cabinets. It's actually become unusual to see them sleep this close together anymore. Each tries to assert dominance over the other after they've spent time with each other. They look like bookends up there!
A very, very long day. I had a Eye exam this morning and didn't sleep well because of worrying about not waking up for it. Weird, I know. But, the appointment went well. My contact prescription has not changed enough to warrant a new prescription (At my strong a prescription they don't go up in .25 measures, only .50.), but my eye glass prescription changed. However, I haven't updated my lenses in three years just because I don't do well wearing glasses. (It a peripheral vision issue.) Our vision insurance changed this year and I am NOT happy with the change. I miss our old insurance. We're thinking since three of us have vision problems that we might want to invest in supplemental insurance next year. (Chris has better than 20/20 vision-Stinker!) I got to "Play" the wiggle line 'game' again. *g* And he checked my pressure in my eyes as well as examined me as if I had been dilated (though I wouldn't). He said since I had blue eyes I'm more sensitive to light and therefore he could get a good look, just not a great look. *g* But, it was sufficient and I was good to go!
After the eye exam the kids and I dropped off materials at the library and then headed home where we tackled schoolwork, had lunch, I took care of laundry and we kept an eye on Wicket. All too soon it was time to drop Daughter at the Pine Y and Son and I headed home and did more schoolwork and played with Wicket. Oh, and don't worry. We place Wicket in a LARGE pet carrier before we leave the house, we know the other cats can't be trusted with her safety.
We picked Daughter up and drove to the MT Y and I worked out and then Daughter and I took Yoga class. Chris went straight home from work, he didn't feel like working out and it was okay because he could let Wicket out of her carrier and let her eat and potty. *g*
This evening after the kids and I arrived home Chris and I made dinner together and talked about an issue that has come up. Bio-Dad wants to meet and we've been emailing and talking on the phone regularly, so I'm nervous, but okay with it. He's picked this weekend. And suggested buying me lunch. However, I'm not comfortable with him doing that. So, we need to figure out where this will take place. But, the kids and the kitten complicate matters. *sigh* Any suggestions?
As for reading I am almost done with Dogs and Goddesses by Jennifer Crusie, Anne Stuart, and Lani Diane Rich. The first time I read this book I was aware of the three different "voices" of the authors, but this time? It's very apparent to me which passages Crusie wrote. Her author's voice is just so distinctive, but not in a bad way! *g*
And that's all from me. I am past exhausted and am typing through blurry eyes. I hope y'all had a stress-free day! I wish a terrific Tuesday for y'all. Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, B.
Exercise: 8 miles on stationary bike at level 11 (One of these days I WILL conquer level 12.) and 1 hour Yoga.

10 comments:
Do you have a local diner? That would be a nice place to have lunch.
Love the photo of the two brothers.
Have a good Tuesday.
Dru, we don't really have a lot of choices where we live. And this is going to be awkward enough without worrying about how long or short the meeting will be. I just don't know.
You like my bookended boys! *g*
I hope you're having a nice day!
You could meet somewhere for coffee (or whatever) without actually eating.
Tori, I don't drink coffee. And there's still the kid thing. I don't know how long this meeting will take and don't want to leave them alone that long, or don't want to bore them with a long time with a virtual stranger. *sigh*
I hope you've had a spectacular day!
I was going to suggest a diner, too. I also like Tori's idea of just meeting at a coffee shop. And don't worry, Brandy, you could always get hot tea or cocoa at places like that. How about a Panera? You could get something simple like soup and they have booths that are comfortable and offer a bit of privacy.
If you can think of a place within 20 min or so from your house that is casual and has booths for that extra bit of privacy, you should arrange the meeting. I think meeting Bio-Dad is going to be stressful and worrisome for you no matter when or where you meet him. You may as well bite the bullet and set it up with only a few days notice so there's less time to flip out. Or cancel.
When you make the plans, establish an ending time too. This way you can control the time and you won't feel awkward about saying 'time is up', you know?
I think Daughter and Son will be fine being left home alone. Of course I don't really know Daughter's maturity level or comfort with responsibility, but since she's already 15, I'm betting she will be just fine as a babysitter for Son. Just go over ground rules about answering the door, the phone... keeping doors locked, etc. They'll be fine for 2-3 hours. In fact, they'll probably even LIKE it.
Ultimately, you have to do what you're comfortable with in all aspects of this. I'm just trying to boost your confidence that you CAN do this.. and so can your kids. :)
(Dru, I think we are spoiled up in the NYC Metro area with all the diners and coffee shops everywhere. They really make great meeting spots for things like this!)
Christine, I don't have diner's near me. There's a Waffle House. Not the greatest place to go, though.
The closest Panera is about 30 minutes away in the next city over. I REALLY live in the middle of nothing. I actually thought about meeting him at BAMM. I am comfortable there. I'm really starting to stress out over this meeting. What if he doesn't like me? What if he doesn't like the way I look? (It's not like I'm pretty, I'm plain and he said something about one of his Daughters modeled when she was a teenager.) And Chris might have to work this weekend, too. That means he might not be there as my support. *sigh* My MIL thinks I should take the kids with me. I am debating that. She said that he must be curious about them as well and that they'd make a good ice-breaker.
On top of all that, I agreed (and don't know what the heck I was thinking other than supporting Chris) to go to a Holiday party soon. I don't do well in social situations. I've met the people he now works with ONCE in the two years he's been a corporate trainer and I also have no idea what the heck to wear! ACK!
Anyway, sorry to whine. I hope you're having a delightful week!
Oh you are not whining at all. I know these things are very stressful for you. And this is your blog... you can say whatever you want anytime you want!
BAMM is a great idea! They have a cafe there, I'm sure, right? If Chris is working, then take the kids with you. One less thing for you to worry about them being home alone, and your MIL is right. They could be an ice breaker and a comfort to you, as well. You could always allow Daughter to escort Son to the kid section for a little while if they get bored or if a little privacy is needed.
I understand that you are very shy and maybe even insecure about yourself. Everyone has different comfort zones and I respect that. But I'm going to tell you what you already know. He is going to like you. He is going to be happy to meet you in person after all these years. I think he is trying to make amends here. Just be yourself. He can take you or leave you... but you are YOU and that's that. I'm telling you.. he's going to be grateful to have YOU just the way you are in his life again.
As far as what he told you about one of his daughters' modeling at some point? Don't let that worry you. Parents like to brag about their kids and he was probably trying to impress you with something positive about his other children. That's all. And besides! Even "plain" people like you and me model in magazines and catalogs and so on. She could be plain like us! She probably is. :)
Holiday party. Let's see... nice black pants and a sweater or blouse? Dress it up more with a scarf or necklace or a holiday pin or something? Target often has some dressier looking black knit pants that can be dressed up or down and are maybe $20-25. And then wear a smile and voila! :D
You can do it!!!!!
xo
Christine, BAMM does indeed have a cafe. It's called Joe Muggs. They serve coffee and cocoa and soda as well as simple desserts.
I just thought it would be more comfortable for me and closer to the interstate and easier to find for him.
I don't know that he will like me. I can hope, though, right?
As for the Holiday party? I have a black pair of pants and I have a black wrap shirt that I feel decent in so will probably wear those and dress it up with a silver cuff bracelet SIL gave me. I ALWAYS wear a blue agate mother's cameo and I have simple earrings. I don't have holiday pins and I don't wear scarves because I don't like things too close to my neck. Not to mention I'm just not the type that can carry that off. I see these women at different events and just shopping at the mall and I feel so self-conscious because I do not have that "put together gene". Ah, well.
And I was whining, I don't like doing that, but am feeling stressed right now. I still have to figure out what to wear to the meeting with Bio-Dad. *sigh*
Thanks for your help and I hope you're having a good day!
Hey B, I second everything that Christine said. :D She makes a lot of sense, that woman. :)
Really, just be yourself with your bio-dad. You are you, take it or leave it. For all you know, he's worried about this meeting too - whether you'll like him and all that. It'd be great if Chris could be there, but you can do it by yourself or with the kids. :)
Jace, I know Christine makes sense. I'm just a big scaredy-cat
I have been myself on the phone with him. But, I know myself and I am uber shy so the in person thing may not go well. Chris will be able to be there and I'm still debating on whether the kids will be there or not.
I hope you're having a good week!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?