I took this picture a few weeks ago and have shared one of them with you. However, I posted this picture tonight to tell y'all of something funny that happened tonight. It involves this chest and two cats. Every night we take our two blankets out of this chest and while I make sure the lid closes, Chris does not. (There's a safety hinge that won't let the lid slam down. It has to be placed down.) Tonight Fireball was the first to notice and climbed inside to investigate and decided he might take a nap in there. Patches was curious, too. But, being bigger than Fireball and more hesitant to try and climb in, she decided to jump on TOP of the lid. Thereby closing the lid and Fireball inside the chest. It was one of the most unexpected and funny things I've ever seen. Chris and I were in shock at first and then realized that Fireball was inside and we had to let him out. It was only a few seconds, but he leapt out of the chest and gave us such offended looks, though he had been looking at us at the exact instance the lid closed and had to perceive we didn't close it. He ran into the hallway and stared around the corner for a few minutes before Patches jumped down and decided she wanted to sleep on the bannister instead. He's been watching her closely ever since. *g*
It's been yet another long day here. I didn't sleep well last night and so read the second book in Susan Mallery's Fools Gold series. While I liked the first book, this one left me unsettled and that's all I'll say unless someone wants to ask me about it. It was gray and drizzly and chilly here today, the perfect weather for stew. So, this afternoon after lunch I began making beef stew to have for dinner. Since Chris had to go in so early this morning (crazy schedules this week due to different work schedules for those needing training) and was off from work early this afternoon. The kids and I worked on schoolwork until he arrived home and after he had changed we headed by the library to pick up two of my holds that had come in: Ansel Adams in Color by Ansel Adams (truly breathtaking photographs and made even more amazing when you thing of the limited camera equipment of that generation) and Finding Perfect by Susan Mallery. After that we headed to the Y for Son's kidfit class and my Zumba class. We each enjoyed our classes. *g* I know I shouldn't be taking Zumba considering the pain in my feet, but I've been trying to be good in the past two weeks and there's something so joyful about Zumba that I can't resist. I think it's because it takes you out of yourself. You know how you may criticize yourself, especially doing something like dancing? Well, the class may initially make me feel silly dancing some of those dances at my age, but all too soon you're caught up in the fun and forget that your feet hurt, or that no one needs to see you shaking that thing. *g* As long as my feet don't get any worse I'll keep going.
After our classes we all trooped home and I made the dumplings to go with the stew-Yum, yum, yummy! And after dinner Chris promptly feel asleep in his chair. I wasn't upset, I know how early he was up. Not to mention I was engrossed in reading Homer's Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or, how I Learned About Love and Life From a Blind Wonder Cat by Gwen Cooper. There was something so inspirational about the book. It begins with Homer's rough start to the author's conclusion. Those who are tender hearted will be glad to know that at the end of the book Homer is still purring. The book is a self styled look at our inner selves and how those around us influence us. In this case, the person of influence is Homer. I teared up at the kittens struggles, I laughed at his antics and heroics and ended up telling my kids about this Wonder Cat.
We've since headed upstairs and I can barely keep my eyes open. I really didn't mean to write this much! Sorry. Please excuse any mistakes in this post as I can barely keep my eyes open. I hope y'all had a pleasing Wednesday. I wish a thankful and thoughtful Thursday. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: 55 minutes of Zumba, 5 minutes Stretching.

10 comments:
Oh wow!! Good thing you saw what happened, or poor Fireball would have been stuck. LOL... I lost my cat in the linen closet once, though she didn't really seem to mind.
Have a great day!
Poor Fireball! I bet he had no idea what was going on. LOL on the offended looks. Rocket hid in my closet one time and I shut the door not knowing he was in there. We didn't find him for almost an entire day. He was happy to have found a cozy, dark place to sleep though!
Hope you're more rested today! Have a good one!
LOL re Fireball and the chest!
Marianne, what is it with cats and dark closed spaces? *g* Fireball seems to have forgiven us from laughing last night, so that's good. *g*
I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Melissa, I promise, he looked so offended and kept staring at Patches for at least an hour after the incident. It was so funny! Some of our cats are okay being stuck in the closet and then there's Oreo who tried to dig her way out through the carpet when she was stuck in a closet overnight accidentally. We had to pull up what was left of the carpet and tile the closet. *g*
I hope you're having a good day and that your kidlets are feeling better today!
Tori, I'm a bad kitty mama. I laughed HARD when it happened. He wasn't stuck in there more than a minute, but he just looked so offended when he jumped out after we released him. *g*
I hope you're having a delightful day!
I love it that our furry friends look at us when things go astray.
I hope you were able to get some rest last night.
Dru, he looked to blame someone that's why he was looking at us. *g*
I got some sleep, but am just physically tired. I think it's the weather change.
I hope you had a joyful day!
I would have laughed like a loon at that Patches + Fireball scene. :D I can just imagine what a fright Fireball have had. :)
Jace, we did so I have no doubt you would have as well. *g* Fireball likes to sleep on top of that chest almost every night, but he inspects it a lot more now. *g*
I hope you're having a great start to the week!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?