This picture was taken Friday. Layla decided it would be a good idea to sit in the middle of the table while the kids did their schoolwork. Ever wonder why cats and books seem to go so well together?
I forgot to mention the other day that I now have 2,000 posts. (Well, this post will make 2,003.) It doesn't seem possible, but there it is. We had a decent day. It was lovely outside, warmer than average for this time of year and so I sent the kids outside to play. I stripped the old caulk off the counters in the kitchen and started to re-caulk them, but my arms weren't long enough to get some areas with the caulking gun, so I had to enlist Chris' help. I also re-caulked the garage door and stripped the caulk around the sliding doors. Chris caulked those for me as well. I was glad to get the items done. Though I did learn that the idiots that built this house-truly were idiots. Afterwards I vacuumed the house and then shampooed the carpets downstairs. I've taken care of laundry and did the ironing as well. Chris took care of dinner. He roasted a chicken-YUM! (I don't roast chickens, I tend to do them upside down for some reason.) After dinner I felt like baking and so baked some pumpkin bread. It was my first time making some from scratch and though I've yet to taste it, it smelled wonderful as it was baking and looked very pretty when it was done. And yeah, I happened to tweak the recipe a bit. I can't help it. I always want to make them better, less generic. Mine. Weird, I know.
As for reading? None today. I've been too busy. And this evening we had an issue come up and some good thoughts would be nice. It's nothing health related for any of us, or job related (*knock on wood*). It's a big stressor right now, though. And I am sure I'll feel like reading later, just not right this minute.
Anyway, I hope y'all had a lovely and peaceful Sunday. I wish a low-key and pleasing Monday for y'all. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: Not today, I've been busy with other things.

8 comments:
Thinking good thoughts in regards to the issues that are facing you.
Have a good Monday.
That pic cracks me up. So cute. Add in some Star Wars action figures and you could do a great LOLcat!
Sending good thoughts your way!
Dru, thank you. This has been a rough year financially and we're trying very hard to figure out where Christmas is going to come from for the kids. So, it's nothing terribly bad, unless you're a parent. Bleh.
I hope you're having a pleasing Monday!
Melissa, the pic with Layla would make a great battle scene. *g* Thanks for the good thoughts. It's a stressful time of year.
I hope you're having a nice day!
I love homemade pumpkin bread! I've already made some three times this fall. Yum!
I don't know if this sounds corny to you, but what about making a homemade coupon book for the kids as a Christmas gift. You can use craft supplies you probably already have on hand to make it festive and wrap it in a box. Each book can be a coupon for a different month, with different "promises" like a trip to the bookstore for a book of your choice, an afternoon of mini golf and pizza, a Saturday movie and popcorn, a pair of earrings one month, etc... It will give the kids something to look forward to and allow you to spread out the financial commitment a bit. Just an idea.
Christine, this is the first time I've ever made it from scratch. And I had a piece for breakfast and don't think I did too badly. *g*
I have thought of that, we'll see what ends up happening. Thanks for the ideas!
I hope you're having a great day!
You went on a caulking rampage, didn't you? LOL
Good thoughts headed your way!
Tori, kinda. *g* I still need to re-caulk Daughter's bathroom , the windows and any corners where the molding meets in the house before it becomes TRULY cold.
Thanks for the good thoughts. We need them.
I hope you've had an excellent day!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?