Book Mom

A Southern Mom who is trying to be less shy and loves books.

Nosey kitties!

This picture? Was taken the same day we let Midnight have a marshmallow. He's the only kitty that likes them, but the other cats are nosey as heck and had to check it out. *g* Midnight smacked each one of them to keep them away from his treat. *g*

Another long day. We had a homeschool event at our local library this afternoon and I think I forgot to tell y'all that besides being a regular homeschool event, ever since the Nutrition even in September the group wanted to become a 4-H group. So, today? We officially became a 4-H group! Officers were elected and Son decided he wanted to be Vice-President and was elected pit of three other kids. I had no idea he wanted to do something like that. He volunteered himself this afternoon. But, I support his decision and think it will be good for him. The event today was about bubblegum. The librarian did a bit of research and talked about how it was invented, the most popular kind and who chewed the most gum. (Not who you'd think.) There was also a bubble blowing contest. Because of all the 4-H things, the event ran over it's time and so we were a few minutes late making it to MA class. The kids had a good class, their teacher was there, and I had a good workout. We then headed home and Chris and I made dinner together. And spent some time watching a bit of tv together.
As for reading? I just finished the JoAnn Ross book tonight. I liked the book. The hero and heroine were realistic and I even found the extra characters to be not just background, but actual fully fleshed out characters. The ending was poignant and sweet and I will look for the next book due out next Spring. I will say that I knew who the bad guy was from the start. It was quite obvious, but since he wasn't the real main focus of the book, it was okay.

All that said, it's time for me to get some sleep. I hope y'all had a marvelous Thursday. I wish a fantastic and fun Friday for y'all. Goodnight and Sweet Dreams, B.

Exercise: 10 miles on the stationary at level 11, 25 minutes weights and 5 minutes ab work.

6 comments:

I'm so proud of Son getting involved. I hope he enjoys his Vice-Presidency.

Love the photo of the cats.

Have a good Friday.

 

Oh I loved 4-H when I was a kid! I'm sure the kids will have great fun and learn a lot, too.

Congrats to Son on being elected V.P.! Very cool. :D

So what was the most popular kind of bubblegum? I would guess Bazooka. Although I'm a big Orbit fan. ;)

Have a fabulous Friday! xo

 

Dru, I'm proud of Son, too. Just still very surprised. *g* I hope he enjoys being in 4-H, too.

I hope you're having a spectacular Friday!

 

Christine, I was never in 4-H so this will be a new experience for all of us. Son will lead the meetings in the Pledge of Allegiance and the 4-H pledge and help set up for the meetings.
The most popular bubblegum brand was Wrigley's. I can see it, Son loves those little yellow packs of gum. *g* It's FIL's favorite treat to hand out, too. *g*
And it was funny, the people who chew the most gum in a year were 30 year old+ women! You'd think it would be kids.

I hope you're having a sensational Friday!

 

LOL re Midnight and his marshmallow!

That's cool re Son and the 4-H!

 

Tori, he is so fun to watch with a marshmallow. He plays with it AND eats it. *g* Well, he licks it. *g*
We're proud of Son, if a bit puzzled, he wanting to be VP of their 4-H club came out of no where!

I hope you're having an enjoyable day!

 

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?