That's what we call her. Either just her name, Pepper, or The Baby or Pepper Baby. It's hard to look at pictures of her when she was so tiny and to see her now. She's bigger than Oreo and Athena and has a tummy on her. And her fur is sleek and shiny like satin. But, she still has those huge, cute eyes and those big pointed ears. She's pretty good at navigating the house so that you can't tell her she can't see well. And she has ears like a bat. Sonar would have been a good name for her. *g*
It's been a looooong day. After lunch this afternoon I tackled the garden, first removing the garden stones I used as barriers/rows. Chris helped after a while with that, thank goodness. I could only pick up one of those big stones at a time! After all the stones were up I pulled up all the plants. And felt so bad doing it because one of my tomato plants still had flowers on it and green tomatoes. However, our weather was below freezing last night and expected to reach the same again tonight. (Um, I'm writing this late again.) It never reached above 50 degrees here today and I actually had on a sweater today! After pulling up all the plants I took a small garden rake and raked up the entire area and then spread the dirt back down with some hay. We found lots of crickets while doing this and I felt bad for misplacing them.
After taking care of that Chris and I started kicking around one of the kids soccer balls and before too long we had teams with Son and Daughter and a couple of their friends. We had a good time and I felt like I got to spend time with the kids and have fun doing it. *g* We spent about an hour just playing with the kids. Son had to give up and sit out after a while. The ball seemed to home in on him like a beacon and he was hit in the butt, in the stomach and in the side. I blocked a ball to his head. He was safer on the sidelines!
After the kids friends had to go in for a bit we headed out to run a couple of errands. The first stop was the library where I picked up a book that had come in on Hold, Is It Just Me? Or is it nuts out there? by Whoopi Goldberg. Then on to our next errand. Last night we discovered that Daughter's head gear for sparring didn't fit anymore. She was able to wear it last month, though it was tight, but last night it actually hurt her head so we knew the time had come to pick up a new head gear. We could have ordered her one from the Pine Y, but we knew it would never arrive in time for the tournament next weekend, nor her testing for Blue Belt on Tuesday. So, we headed to Academy Sports. Luckily they had a head gear that fit. (And it's the XL!) We also picked her up an ankle brace as she's still having problems with her ankle.
We then headed back home and the afternoon must have worn me out more than I had realized because all of a sudden I became very tired and had to lay my head down and catnap. Chris made dinner, Fajitas-YUM! I felt better after my small catnap and cleaned up the kitchen after we had dinner. We decided to watch some more of the third season of The Big Bang Theory. We had a good time watching them together.
And after tackling huge loads of laundry I'm ready to get some sleep. I haven't had time to read today. I hope to finish the PTA book tomorrow and begin my library book. I hope y'all had a laugh filled and smile-y Saturday. I wish a peaceful and Blessed Sunday for y'all. Goodnight, B.
Exercise: Can I count Gardening? Or Soccer?

4 comments:
I didn't know Whoopie had a book out. Going to check it out.
Sounds another busy day but glad you were able to get in a cat nap.
Have a good Sunday.
Gardening and soccer count as exercise in my book! :)
Dru, I caught an ad for it somewhere and it looked funny, so I had to see what it was about. I've only managed to read the forward and such so far, but I hope to find some time to read today.
Yesterday was pretty busy. And the catnap? I honestly felt like I had no choice, I became so overwhelmingly tired I had to lay my head down.
I hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
Tori, from the way my body demanded a catnap last night? Yeah, I think I was actually busy yesterday. *g*
I hope you're having a Blessed day!
Post a Comment
What do YOU think?